Here's an email that I recently sent to a kind pastor who asked "What is a retro-evangelical?"
A retro-evangelical is a person who is saddened by the current direction that evangelicalism is taking, and longs to return to the roots of "the evangel" -- or gospel.
A retro-evangelical fully embraces the fundamentals of the faith
A retro-evangelical, while rejecting modern liberalism, and preserving a doctrinal focus on the Bible, also rejects the legalistic rigidness and social disengagement of Fundamentalism.
- The inspiration and innerancy of the Bible.
- The virgin birth of Jesus Christ.
- The doctrine of substitutionary atonement.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ.
- The historical reality of biblical miracles.
The blog contains biographies of heroes of early Evangelicalism, such as Carl Henry, Machen, Kantzer, and Schaeffer. I find kindred spirits within the Together for The Gospel group and The Gospel Coalition.
I hope that helps!