Friday, April 25

Thyroid Update! April, 08

To read previous posts about my thyroid, click here.

Well, good news / band news.

Thank you to the many of you who prayed for my radiation treatment to kill off part of my thyroid. However it appears, [sarcasm] too many of you prayed, [/sarcasm] and too much of my thyroid died.

It's a pretty common problem that's treated with medication. So right now, I alternate between crazy periods of extreme energy and crazy times of fatigue. (Here's a little game! See if you can guess which period each of my upcoming posts come from!) I'm taking a nap almost every day right after work, and usually falling asleep by 9:pm - 9:30.

The good news is that the Lord has been unusually close to me in this time. He has been especially gracious, near, and tender with me. When I pick up the bible in the morning, I feel like I'm wearing 3D glasses: the truth just jumps off the page!

My heart is especially tender to the things of God, and I see His hand quite clearly in all of this. As strange as this is to type, the Lord knows it's true: I am thrilled to be in the middle of this.

2 comments:

Matt MacDonald said...

great seeing you this week bro. continually have you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I used a portion of this post as a quote in my message this past Sunday.