Wednesday, January 23

Isolation Journal: entry #1

I'm spending five days in isolation. Why?

Well, my thyroid is very ambitious. We tried to slow it down with medicine, but it made my liver go crazy. So, we going nuclear.

Yesterday, at 7:45am, I ingested a dosage of radioactive iodine. My thyroid loves iodine, so it's going to absorb it, and part of it is going to die.

Meanwhile, I have to make sure that I don't get any of this stuff on my three little boys or beautiful wife. So, I'm down in my basement. Eating with plastic silverware. Washing my clothes seperate. And trying to support my wife's single parenting efforts with vain threats to my boys. ("You better listen to your mom and obey THIS SECOND!")

My friends have dedicated songs to me. Matt Stowell dedicated "Toxic" and Andi Rozier dedicated "Don't Stand So Close To Me."

Meanwhile, I'm finishing up some writing (more details to come) and transcribing a Brad Mehldau song called "Blues For Eden". I'm up to measure 102.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am praying for you today. I hope that you start feeling better.

Unknown said...

yikes. just lifted up a prayer for you.

and the song toxic... is so you.