Tuesday, December 4

The 5-year-old mind


PART ONE:
This morning, I told Ethan to get dressed. I left him alone. However, I was afraid that he would get distracted.

Punch. Punch. Punch, Punch, Punch.

Ethan, what's going on it there?

My shirt is having a war, Daddy, between the buttons and the holes.


PART TWO:
Last week, we were sitting at the table. I was eating my dinner, and Ethan was discussing the inter-Trinitarian relationship.
Daddy, do you know who Jesus' boss is?

He doesn't have a boss, Ethan.

Yes, he does, Daddy.

Who is it?

Jesus' boss is ... Jesus.

PART THREE:
Ethan now likes to ask Bible trivia.
Daddy, who was the bad guy . . . who was mean to Jesus . . . in the desert?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great! I can't wait to teach my kid theology!

Matthew Westerholm said...

you'll do a great job, corn. grats!