Friday, July 6

RZIM: worship setlist

Last week, I led worship (with the world's greatest brother, Tobi, Mary, Chris, and Jack) for Ravi Zacharias summer school at Wheaton College. I know, I know. I should have told you earlier. Sorry!

The group was very diverse. There was "raising-hands-girl" and "arms-folded-guy" right next to each other, but their love for the Lord went beyond their postures. Very interesting, so my song choices were pretty conservative to try to serve the group. I got the feeling that if we had done a church plant with just the people in that room, it would have been very . . . smart.

I'm sure it was the only summer school course in the country that opened with singing. Some truth is so great: it demands more than lecture. More than discussion. More than debate. It demands to be sung.

Here's the song sets that I used!

MONDAY
Come, Christians, Join To Sing (updated by Kevin Harnett)
Everlasting God
Knowing You
Great Are You, Lord (Steve and Vikki Cook)
He Is Exalted

TUESDAY
Our Great Savior (arr. Stowell/Westerholm)
How Deep The Father's Love For Us
Lion and the Lamb
Once Again
Here Is Love
Wonderful Cross

WEDNESDAY
Crown Him With Many Crowns
Everlasting God (Brenton Brown)
Humble King
Fairest Lord Jesus
How Great Is Our God (Tomlin)

THURSDAY
Holy, Holy, Holy
Holy Is The Lord (Tomlin)
You Are My All In All
Jesus, You Are Worthy (Brenton Brown)
In Christ Alone

FRIDAY
O Worship The King
Lord, Reign In Me
Jesus, You Are Worthy
Nothing But The Blood (hymn)
How Great Thou Art

No comments: