Tuesday, December 19

just got a macbook



I got a new computer @ work. Let's see how well it works for me.

It will make blogging more fun for a while.

:-)

Seriously, though. It has made me very grateful for a wonderful church that supports me and provides me with NOT ONLY the tools to let me do my job, BUT ALSO the tools to allow me to have fun while doing it.

I'm not sure very many other Christians serving Christ have had this sort of luxury. It reminds me of the old Watts (Bob Kauflin would be so proud) hymn:

Am I a soldier of the cross,
A follower of the Lamb,
And shall I fear to own His cause,
Or blush to speak His Name?

Must I be carried to the skies
On flowery beds of ease, [with new Macs or P.C.s]
While others fought to win the prize,
And sailed through bloody seas?

Are there no foes for me to face?
Must I not stem the flood?
Is this vile world a friend to grace,
To help me on to God?

Sure I must fight if I would reign;
Increase my courage, Lord.
I’ll bear the toil, endure the pain,
Supported by Thy Word.
May God continue to give us what we need to make us more like His Son, and may He protect us from desires we have that would chase our hearts far from Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss my Mac! But, alas, the church wanted me to switch to be consistent with everyone else. I obliged.

Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

welcome to the family mac-daddy!