Tuesday, March 14

CJ and son celebrate sports spiritually

Here's a great post from CJ Mahaney about raising a son who is athletic. A quick quote:

Remember, fathers, what you honor and celebrate, your son will emulate. Therefore, we must celebrate godly character more than athletic ability or achievement.

This applies to watching a game as well. So as Chad and I watch the tournament, I will draw his attention to any evidence of humility or unselfishness I observe, as well as any expression of arrogance or selfishness. I will celebrate the former and ridicule the latter. I don’t just watch the game with Chad; I seize it as a teaching moment to equip him with discernment about true greatness in the eyes of God.
To see how gender affects perspective, see Carolyn Mahaney's post on the same topic.
Father & Son

No comments: