Monday, December 20

FINISHED!

Today marked the end of my read through the bible in 04 plan. It started with the New Living Translation and the One-Year-Bible. I combined this with my plan for searching the dark corners of scripture (done in the English Standard Version). So, I studied Deutoronomy, Leviticus, Psalms Book 2, Isaiah, Revelation, 1 Corinthians, Amos, and Ezekiel. Then, when the One-Year plan hit that book, I'd skip it. I also skipped books I'd studied in 04 for small group (Colossians), church preaching calendar (Hebrews), and mentoring (Ephesians).

Calendar

My 05 plan is quite similar. I'm going through the bible chronologically and picking "dark corners" to really dig into. The Corners in 05 are going to be Numbers, Chronicles, Psalms Book 5, Jeremiah, Micah, Luke, 2 Corinthians, and John's Epistles.

There's a great article by Noel Piper on reading through the bible in a year. My experience has been quite varied. The NASB killed two years of trying (the OT was just SOOO wooden), and lack of discipline killed other years. I ended up thinking that "read it through in 92" was an ideal for super saints. This year, though, I did it. And it wasn't that hard.

<><

No comments: